Algebraic Geometry seminar --- Fall 2009/Spring 2010
Reference: "The Geometry of Schemes", by D. Eisenbud and J. Harris
- 9/2: Aaron Valdivia: Affine schemes: as sets, as topological
- 9/9: Kyle Armstrong: Crash course on sheaves
- 9/23: Jay Stryker: Schemes as schemes
- 9/30: James Fullwood: Local properties of schemes
- 10/7: Ivan Dungan: Fibered products, relative schemes,
and the functor of points
- 10/14: Emin Tatar: Varieties as schemes; local schemes;
specs of power series rings
- 10/21: Dan Li: Schemes over non-algebraically closed fields
- 10/28: Vivek Pal: Nonreduced schemes
- 11/4: Xia Liao: Flat families: motivation, definition,
- 11/18: Suchandan Pal: Arithmetic schemes.
- 12/2: Randy Heaton: Projective schemes.
- 1/14: Xia Liao. Proj.
- 1/28: Jay Stryker. Tangent spaces and cones.
- 2/4: James Fullwood. Morphisms to projective spaces.
- 2/11: Suchandan Pal. Moduli problems. Discrete invariants:
Hilbert function and polynomial.
- 2/18: Dan Li. Free resolutions.
- 2/25: Vivek Pal. Koszul complexes, Hilbert polynomials,
and Bezout's theorem.
- 3/4: John George. Flexes of plane curves.
- 3/18: Xia Liao. Blow ups, I.
- 3/25: Xia Liao. Blow ups, II.