Florida State University Seal

Undergraduate Advising Help

Undergraduate Mathematics Home


For Math Majors and Other Students in the College of Arts and Sciences:

  1. How do I figure out what courses I should take next?

    You can find all of your requirements for Liberal Studies and your major on the FSU Academic Program Guide. You can also refer to your Academic Requirements Report (ARR) for university and liberal studies requirements, located in Student Central. Directions for accessing your ARR reports are located on the myFSU Student Central website at the Access your Academic Requirement Report link. Math major specific requirements are also listed on the individual math major pages, and course descriptions with prerequisites are listed in the Department of Mathematics section of the FSU Undergraduate Bulletin.

  2. How do I (1) apply coursework taken elsewhere to my FSU degree, or (2) satisfy the FSU summer hours requirement elsewhere?

    You will need Dean's approval. Please go to the Forms Requiring Dean's Approval link on the College's website for complete information.

    If you plan to take a mathematics course in another state, you will need a link to the other institution's course description webpage and a copy of the course syllabus to provide to the Dean's office for course approval. Please allow 5 extra business days for math department approval in this case.

  3. What is the College's foreign language policy? Can I get an exemption or advanced placement?

    Mathematics and Actuarial Sciences majors are housed in the Math Department under the College of Arts and Sciences. Go to the Arts and Sciences Policies and Procedures section of the College's website for Foreign Language Proficiency requirements. Additional information pertaining to Exemption and Placement, how to take the Placement Test, and what should be done with the test score is found on the Mandatory Placement Tests section of the Department of Modern Languages website.

  4. How do I make my language course pass/fail before the 7 week deadline?

    Please go to the Forms Requiring Dean's Approval section of the College of Arts and Sciences website for complete information. The major department advisor's signature is not required.