Applying for Admission to the Graduate Program
There are five graduate areas in Mathematics (Pure, Applied/Computational, Financial, Bio, Data Science), and you apply to ONE of these areas. See General Information and Guidelines for information about the areas.
Elements of a Complete Application
- Official GRE general test scores.
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation. On the University application form, you will enter the names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- A completed online University application form (go to https://gradschool.fsu.edu/graduate-admissions).
- If your native language is not English: there are additional requirements, such as the TOEFL. Go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/international/ for further information.
For additional information including minimum test scores and GPA, see Graduate Application Requirements and Additional Information.
Fall Admission Deadlines
April 30th: Deadline for academic admission to the Mathematics Department. Students with complete applications by this date may also be considered for any possible remaining funding.
Graduate Program Representative
Need more information? Click HERE to talk to a Graduate Program Representative!