Applying for Admission to the Graduate Program
There are four graduate areas in Mathematics (Pure, Applied/Computational, Financial, and Bio), and you apply to ONE of these areas. See General Information and Guidelines for information about the areas.
Elements of a Complete Application
- Official GRE general test scores.
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation. On the University application form, you will enter the names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- A completed online University application form (go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/graduate/).
- If your native language is not English: there are additional requirements, such as the TOEFL. Go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/international/ for further information.
For additional information including minimum test scores and GPA, see Graduate Application Requirements and Additional Information.
Fall Admission Deadlines
April 30th: Deadline for academic admission to the Mathematics Department. Students with complete applications by this date may also be considered for any possible remaining funding.