Applying for Admission to the Graduate Program
There are four graduate areas in Mathematics (Pure, Applied/Computational, Financial, and Bio), and you apply to ONE of these areas. See General Information and Guidelines for information about the areas.
Elements of a Complete Application
- Official GRE general test scores.
[For 2021 admissions, the GRE requirement will be waived for all MS applicants. For students who are applying to PhD, the GRE will be waived if students meet at least one of the following criteria: (1) Undergraduate or graduate research experience, or (2) Extensive upper division course work in mathematics, such as in analysis, algebra, numerical analysis, and proof based courses, with at least a 3.0 average.]
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation. On the University application form, you will enter the names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- A completed online University application form (go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/graduate/).
- If your native language is not English: there are additional requirements, such as the TOEFL. Go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/international/ for further information.
For additional information including minimum test scores and GPA, see Graduate Application Requirements and Additional Information.
Fall Admission Deadlines
April 30th: Deadline for academic admission to the Mathematics Department. Students with complete applications by this date may also be considered for any possible remaining funding.
Graduate Program Representative
Need more information? Click HERE to talk to a Graduate Program Representative!