There are four graduate areas in Mathematics (Pure, Applied/Computational, Financial, and Bio), and you apply to ONE of these areas. See General Information and Guidelines for information about the areas.
Elements of a Complete Application
- Official GRE general test scores.
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university you have attended.
- Three letters of recommendation. On the application form, you will enter the names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- A completed online Mathematics department application form (click the Start button at the bottom of this page to begin), and
- A completed online University application form (go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/graduate/).
- If your native language is not English: there are additional requirements, such as the TOEFL. Go to http://admissions.fsu.edu/international/ for further information.
Fall Admission Deadlines
April 30th: Deadline for academic admission to the Mathematics Department. Students with complete applications by this date may also be considered for any possible remaining funding.
For additional information, see Graduate Application Requirements and Additional Information.
The online Mathematics graduate application form starts on the following pages.
Note: The form cannot be saved, so you'll need to collect all the needed information in advance.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Prepare a personal statement in advance that you can paste into the application as a text file. Here are the instructions for this statement:
Write a personal statement of less than 300 words about your mathematical interests, career goals, and reasons for applying to Florida State University. Discuss any research experiences or academic honors. Provide documentation of significant awards when possible by email to email@example.com.
- Collect the following information:
- Your test scores: GRE, and TOEFL if needed. (You may still submit this application prior to obtaining GRE scores -- email scores before the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your courses, grades, and GPA at each college or university attended
- A list of any employment since graduation from high school
- A list of any publications
- The names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
Your application for the Mathematics Graduate Program has been sent. You should receive a confirmation email to the one you provided on your application.