Undergraduate Research Opportunities
An undergraduate's best resources at Florida State University are the faculty, graduate and fellow students.
Getting to know faculty members through classes and office hours is a great way to learn about mathematics and about research opportunities. An overview of faculty research can be found on the department research page. By following links to individual faculty webpages you can find out about current research activities and recent publications.
Seminars and Colloquia
Another important way to experience mathematical research is to attend seminars and colloquia. The mathematics department offers a weekly tea and coloquium during the fall and spring semesters. All speakers are chosen for their expository ability and aim portions of their talk toward an advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate student. They provide a wonderful opportunity for students to absorb the culture and language of mathematics.
Paid research opportunities at FSU
- For First and Second Year Students: Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
- There are many opportunities available through FSU's Center for Undergraduate Research and Engagement
Summer undergraduate research programs
- AMS Guide to Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)Summer Programs
- Park City Math Institute-IAS-summer session
- Mathematical Biosciences Institute --Summer programs for undergraduates
Semester abroad programs.
- Semester study in Hungary (in English) for American and Canadian mathematics undergraduates.
- Math in Moscow scholarship program