- The Department of Mathematics hosts and runs the program with support from faculty members in Statistics, Economics, Finance, and Computer Science.
- Fourteen Mathematics faculty members support the program, along with faculty from Economics, Statistics, Finance, Scientific Computing, Computer Science, and Risk Management.
- Industry professionals and alumni visit each Spring for our annual two-day Financial Math Quant Symposium.
- Graduates of the program find employment as quants in industry and government, as actuaries, and in academia (see the alumni page).
- The MS degree may be earned as a terminal degree or en route to the PhD, and carries the Professional Science Master's designation, as well as the STEM designation.
Wan-Yu Tsai completed her PhD in Financial Mathematics from FSU in 2017. After graduation she joined Bank of America as a Quantitative Finance Analyst in Charlotte, NC.