We invite applications from students with a strong mathematics background (see Prerequisites) to join our interdisciplinary program. We are one of the oldest Financial Math MS programs, and one of the few US mathematics departments offering a PhD specifically in Financial Mathematics.
- Twelve Mathematics faculty members support the program, along with faculty from Economics, Statistics, Finance, Scientific Computing, Computer Science, and Risk Management.
- Industry professionals and alumni visit each Spring for our annual two-day Financial Math Quant Symposium.
- Graduates of the program find employment as quants in industry and government, as actuaries, and in academia (see the alumni page).
- The MS degree may be earned as a terminal degree or en route to the PhD, and carries the Professional Science Master's designation.
- NEW! A joint Master of Science / Juris Master degree program is being planned with the FSU College of Law. Students will earn both degrees and are prepared to work at the intersection of finance and law with compliance and regulation.
Dr. Montin joined C12 Capital Management US LP in 2009, a multi-asset macro hedge fund based in New York City. His current responsibilities include portfolio optimization and analytics.
Please visit our Contact Page to inquire about our program.
To apply, visit our Admissions Page.
The two-year FSU Financial Mathematics MS degree program was established in 1998 in collaboration with faculty from Economics, Finance, Risk Management, Statistics, and Computer Science. In 2002 a formal Financial Math PhD program was added, with our first PhD granted in 2004. Since 2015, the MS degree offers an optional track in Actuarial Science. The department is committed to recruiting talented students and hiring world-class faculty to support the program.