Bhargav Ram Karamched
Department of Mathematics
Florida State University
1017 Academic Way, Room 219
Tallahassee, FL, 32306-4510
Email: "bhargav at math dot fsu dot edu"
I am an Assistant Professor at Florida State University in the Department of Mathematics and the Institute of Molecular Biophysics. I am interested in a number of topics in applied mathematics. Most of these involve applications of the theory of dynamical systems, partial and stochastic differential equations, and nonequilibrium statistical physics to problems in cell biology, systems biology, synthetic biology, physical biochemistry, biophysics, and decision making. Here are a few of the projects on which I am currently working:
Before coming to FSU I was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Houston and Rice University, collaborating with Professors Kresimir Josic, Matthew Bennett, and Will Ott. I obtained my Ph. D. in Mathematics from the University of Utah under the supervision of Professor Paul Bressloff in 2017. Prior to that, I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from the University of Oklahoma in 2012.
13. J. J. Winkle, B. R. Karamched, M. R. Bennett, W. Ott, and K. Josic. Emergent Spatiotemporal Population Dynamics with Cell-Length Control of Synthetic Microbial Consortia. Submitted. Preprint.
12. I. Kemler, B. R. Karamched, C. Neuhauser, D. Dingli. Quantitative Imaging and Dynamics of Tumor Therapy with Viruses. Submitted.
11. B. R. Karamched, G. Hripcsak, D. J. Albers, and W. Ott. Delay-Induced Uncertainty in a Paradigmatic Glucose-Insulin Model. Chaos 31 023142. Preprint. (2021)
10. B. R. Karamched, M. Stickler, B. Lindner, Z. P. Kilpatrick, W. Ott, and K. Josic. Heterogeneity Improves Speed and Accuracy in Social Networks. Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 218302 Preprint. (2020)
9. B. R. Karamched, S. Stolarczyk, Z. P. Kilpatrick, and K. Josic. Bayesian Evidence Accumulation on Social Networks. SIADS 19 (3) 1884-1919 Preprint (2020).
8. B. R. Karamched, W. Ott, I. Timofeyev, M. R. Bennett, and K. Josic. Moran Model of Spatial Alignment in Microbial Colonies. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena. 395 1-6 Preprint (2019).
7. R. N. Alnahhas, J. J. Winkle, A. J. Hirning, B. R. Karamched, W. Ott, K. Josic, and M. R. Bennett. Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Synthetic Microbial Consortia in Microfluidic Devices. ACS Synthetic Biology 8 2051-2058 Preprint (2019)
6. P. C. Bressloff and B. R. Karamched. Doubly Stochastic Poisson Model of Flagellar Length Control. SIAM J. Appl. Math 78(2), 719-741 (2018)
5. P. C. Bressloff, B. R. Karamched, S. D. Lawley, and E. Levien. Diffusive Transport in the Presence of Stochastically Gated Absorption . Physical Review E. 96 (2) (2017).
4. B. R. Karamched and P. C. Bressloff. Effects of Cell Geometry on Reversible Vesicular Delivery. J. Phys. A. 50 055601 (2017).
3. P. C. Bressloff and B. R. Karamched. A Model of Reversible Vesicular Transport with Exclusion. J. Phys. A. 49 345602 (2016).
2. P. C. Bressloff and B. R. Karamched. A Frequency-Dependent Decoding Mechanism for Axonal Length Sensing . Front. Cell. Neurosci. 9:281.(2015).
1. B. R. Karamched and P. C. Bressloff. A Delayed Feedback Model of Axonal Length Sensing. Biophys. J. 108 2408-2419 (2015).